Saturday, May 24, 2014

Make Estimated Tax Payments the Easy Way

If you like the blog, buy my book: Everyday Taxes only $5.99 for Kindle! 

The IRS has rolled out a Direct Pay system for making regular tax payments (balance dues from your tax return) as well as estimated payments.  It is done via direct debit from your checking account.  I was a little leery at first of recommending clients give bank account information to the IRS, for fear the IRS could potentially access their accounts in the event of a dispute, but the website says they do not retain account information after the payment is made.  I'm not one to blindly trust the government, but I think that statement on the website would result in a whole heap of trouble for the IRS if they abused it, so I'm pretty comfortable with the system.

You can access the system HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will try to answer questions, though if they are complicated, email me at taxadvisor@email.com. Consider buying one of my books to thank me for my answers. Spam comments will be deleted. No links unless they are pertinent to the question asked. If you want cross promotion - ask.